Re: Added cygwin version info to cygcheck.cc

On Sun, Jun 25, 2000 at 03:13:26PM -0700, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>--- Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> wrote:
>> I just checked in a change that adds cygwin version info to cygcheck
>> output.  When cygcheck finds a DLL named "cygwin1.dll" it attempts to
>> read version info from the file.  If it fails then nothing is printed.
>> Otherwise the output looks like this:
>>
>>  6494k 2000/06/25 f:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll
>>     Cygwin DLL version info:
>>         dll major: 1001
>>         dll minor: 3
>>         dll epoch: 19
>>         dll bad signal mask: 19005
>>         dll old termios: 5
>>         api major: 0
>>         api minor: 22
>>         shared data: 3
>>         dll identifier: cygwin1
>>         mount registry: 2
>>         cygnus registry name: Cygnus Solutions
>>         cygwin registry name: Cygwin
>>         program options name: Program Options
>>         cygwin mount registry name: mounts v2
>>         build date: Sat Jun 24 20:46:08 EDT 2000
>>         shared id: cygwin1S3-2000-06-24 20:46
>>

>This looks great.  I'm wondering if it is possible to add something to identify
>an official Cygnus release versus a local build?  It would be nice to know if
>someone has potentially modified the source of the dll locally.

Good idea.  FWIW, an official Cygnus release (the CD or GNUpro release)
will have a "CVS Tag" with an identifying string.  A snapshot will have
a "snapshot date".

I think I'll have to add something for the next cygwin release, like a "release
date" or something.