Re: Next net release will be 1.1.3

> It is because I want people who are already using 1.1.2 (i.e.  the

Except that the snapshots shouldn't *be* 1.1.2.  They should have a
snapshot-type version number (like 1.1.1.20000522).

> current snapshots) to be able to update using setup.  Setup won't
> consider it an update if they already have 1.1.2 on their systems.

How would installing a snapshot effect setup's database?  Setup isn't
used to install snapshots, tar is.  Setup should still think
cygwin-1.1.1.tar.gz is installed.

I'd rather fix setup to know that it is an upgrade.  If there never
was a cygwin-1.1.2.tar.gz, why would setup think that one was
installed?  Just installing a snapshot shouldn't convince setup that a
new "official" version is installed, and if it does, that's a bug in
the snapshots (they shouldn't use official-looking version numbers)
and/or in setup (it should know better).

At best, setup should think that the user has a corrupt
cygwin-1.1.1.tar.gz installed.

Tossing version numbers regularly because of flaws in our system is
just laziness on our part, and the flaws need to be fixed, not worked
around.