Alternate symlink usage

Corinna,
Is it possible that we could use the NTSEC stuff to store information
about whether a file is a symbolic link?  I talked to Jeremy Allison
at Linux Expo and he said that he was doing lots of stuff with security
type information for samba so if we could do this we might be able to
have symbolic links on UNIX network drives.

Is this possible?