RE: Setup over a previous installation

--- "Parker, Ron" <rdparker@butlermfg.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 29, 2000 at 9:21 PM, Chris Faylor wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Feb 29, 2000 at 05:23:27PM -0600, Parker, Ron wrote:
> > >I may try reading the registry to see what the previous root directory
> was
> > >and attempt to install to that directory.
>
> > Can you just run "mount" instead?  I'd like to make the installer as
> blissfully
> > unaware of cygwin internals as possible.
>
> > I do agree that it is a good idea to find the existing mount and possibly
> offer
> > that as an option for the install.
>
> > cgf
>
> Sure. I'll just add mount to the files that are packaged in setup.exe and I
> will parse its output. Of course this places some dependence upon the output
> of mount remaining the same. I only mention this because I have seen minor
> changes in it in the past.

Hmm...  WAIT A MINUTE, mount.exe requires cygwin1.dll which isn't installed
yet.  If you store cygwin1.dll in c:\temp then cygwin1.dll will do an automount
for / to point to c:/temp.  I don't think this is what you want.

=====
---
   Earnie Boyd: <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>
            __Cygwin: POSIX on Windows__