Re: next net release preview

On 28 Feb 2000, Kazuhiro Fujieda wrote:

> `cpp' and `protoize' can't find standard include files without
> the mount.
>
> In the current preview, `cpp' and `protoize' can't find them by
> another reason, that is, the directory structure adopted by the
> cygwin package doesn't match one assumed by the gcc package.
>
> Even if this inconsistency was dissolved, these commands
> wouldn't be able to find them without the mount.

GCC assumes it's installed under /usr, and anything else will cause
problems. Basically, what cpp requires is that you have the system
includes under /usr/i686-pc-cygwin/include directory, and that must
be consistent.

Can you send me the verbose output (-v) so I can see what the problem
is?

Regards,
Mumit