Re: bash often consume a cpu.

>>> On Sun, 27 Feb 2000 16:15:41 -0500
>>> Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> said:

> Regardless, I think I see the problem.  When things get into this
> state, could you try hitting a "CTRL-C" at the bash prompt and see
> if the CPU utilization goes back down?

Hitting "CTRL-C" causes one of the following effects.
1. It cause nothing, and bash continues to consume a CPU.
2. It stop bash from printing the next prompt.
3. It make bash exit.
4. It make bash completely hung up.
5. It stop bash from consuming a CPU.
This order is based on the probability of them.
The probability of the first is far higher than others.

My environment is the preview of the next net release but
cygwin1.dll is replaced with cygwin1-20000225.dll. `bash.exe' is
started by a batch file like `cygnus.bat' included in the B20
release. The value of the CYGWIN environment variable is empty.
____
  | AIST      Kazuhiro Fujieda <fujieda@jaist.ac.jp>
  | HOKURIKU  School of Information Science
o_/ 1990      Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology