Re: binmode idea

On Sat, Jan 22, 2000 at 01:16:10PM -0600, Mumit Khan wrote:
>Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> writes:
>> On Sat, Jan 22, 2000 at 10:56:36AM -0600, Mumit Khan wrote:
>> >I seem to have missed DJ's capability idea. References?
>>
>> Hmm.  It was in reference to some research he was doing on Sys V shared
>> memory.  I can't find it in my mail logs but he did mention it on
>> cygwin-developers.
>
>John Fortin was kind enough to forward me the message, thanks. I had simply
>forgotten about it.
>
>I don't see how that affects this particular issue though. This is going
>to be a image-specific issue, right?

Right.  But it is YA method for setting defaults.

So, we could have:

1) The CYGWIN environment variable.

2) The "Program Options" registry setting.

3) A per-binary setting.

4) A "tunable variable" setting.

Except for 1 and 2, above, all of these are subtly different.
The Program Options stuff is just the same as setting CYGWIN
except that you do it in the registry rather than in the
environment.