Re: device names tidbit

On Mon, Jan 10, 2000 at 05:14:54PM -0600, Parker, Ron wrote:
>Just curious what MS tools you are referring to.  The command line tools
>handle it just fine using the prefix.  This includes attrib, del, file
>redirection and others.  It is only the shell, Explorer, that I recall
>choking when you try to delete these files.  I have seen a number of
>applications create filenames that Explorer could not delete.

The issue is not that tools would be able to take the the syntax.  I
don't want to be in a position of explaining hundreds of times that the
"aux" file has to be accessed in a special way.

And, as a few people have wailed about on the cygwin mailing list,
Explorer doesn't operate on the files very well.