Re: ntsec-patch16 (and some other)

Chris Faylor wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 08, 2000 at 08:03:41PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >[...]
> >- configure: I had to add the directory `mingw/profile'
> >  else it was ignored.
>
> This can't be right.  The profile directory should be handled by mingw's
> configure.  The "top level" configure is only supposed to handle
> directories immediately below it.

That's curious, because on the other hand a `make' in the winsup dir
want to `make all' in mingw/profile which then failes because there's
no Makefile...

> >- cygwin/smallprintf.c: I had to add `#define __INSIDE_CYGWIN__'
> >  else the linker said sth. about `undef'd ref to _ctype_'.
> >
> >- cygwin/regexp/regexp.c: Ditto.
>
> These are supposed to be handled already.  It obviously isn't required
> all the time or we wouldn't be able to make snapshots.

I was astonished, too, because the sources are exactly
the same. The _only_ difference I saw:

In the previous snapshots the compiler got the flag
`-D__INSIDE_CYGWIN__' as well. This is not the case
in the latest snapshot.

> >- mingw/profile/configure: This configure script couldn't find
> >  install-sh, because the search paths for $ac_dir didn't reach
> >  back enough in the dir hirarchy. Here I have added the path
>
> I can see that this could be required, but you shouldn't modify
> configure scripts.  They're autogenerated from configure.in.

Sorry. I've never done an autoconf, so I forgot about this fact.

> I'll weed out the configure, regexp, and smallprint patches and
> apply what's left.

That's ok. The patches should show you my problems with the build.
Since I know that you have a better insight in the new structure,
I asked you to take this special look.