Re: patch for config changes [Re: use of __builtin_memset]

On Fri, Jan 07, 2000 at 05:14:26PM -0600, Mumit Khan wrote:
>Here's a first try to start using config.h instead of passing everything
>from the command line. I just saw a note about the winsup reorg, so this
>is probably already useless to try and apply. However, I would like some
>input on how folks feel about this change. I've deleted the change to
>configure, but you can simply run autoconf for that.
>
>If you change acconfig.h to add new macros, make sure you regenerate
>config.h.in:
>
>  $ autoheader
>
>I didn't automate this via Makefile to avoid adding another "stamp" file
>(see autoconf manual for more info).

That's ok.  I hate stamp files.

This has been applied.  I had to massage it slightly to work with the
new layout but it seems to work fine.

It was just in the nick of time, too.  I used this to debug the problem
that Corinna was reporting.  Without this patch I would have had to revert
the __builtin_memset assignment so that it would work with the C compiler
from the CD.