Core dumps

Hi!

Dec 24 1999 you wrote:

>> I have working implementation of true core files for cygwin (this
>> includes core dumper utility and patches to gdb), but it needs some
>> cleanup. If someone needs them, i can do it.

DD> Would you be interested in making this an official part of gdb/cygwin?

Gladly.

I'm attaching all needed patches. dumper utility is called

dumper [-v] [-c filename] <win32-pid>

-v -- be verbose
-c -- generate core file named filename.core (default is ".core").

and generates elf core file which can be debugged with gdb.

gdb and bfd patch are made against gdb 4.18 and bfd from 1999-02-08.
winsup patch is made against snapshot-19991222
If needed, i can resync with more recent versions.

bfd.diff.gz

gdb.diff.gz

include.diff.gz

winsup.diff.gz