Re: ntsec documentation (including patch)

On Mon, Aug 16, 1999 at 09:36:15PM -0700, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>--- Corinna Vinschen <corinna@vinschen.de> wrote:
>> One additional point: Would it be a good idea, to publish this
>> text in the cygwin users group? Michael Hirmke inspired that
>> because the ntsec setting may result in some surprises for the
>> users when they don't have a correct /etc/passwd and /etc/group
>> file.
>
>Yes, it would be a good idea.  Also, I think that since the snapshots are
>publicly available that this documentation should find it's way onto the
>documentation pages at Cygnus ASAP.  Yes, even before the B21 release.

The documentation is in the source snapshots.  I have no intention of
confusing people by advertising features on our web site that are not
available in the standard release.

The snapshots are intended for people who know what they're doing.  If
they want to download them, then they may.  If they want to ignore all
of the caveats on the snapshot web page they can.  I assume, however,
that if people are ignoring the caveats on the snapshot web page, then
they'll probably not be inclined to go the extra mile and look for
documentation.

-chris