Re: default /etc/passwd contents

Chris Faylor wrote:

> Hopefully Corinna will respond to this.  I don't know how it impacts
> her security changes.

It can't work with `ntsec' but it maybe useful with `nontsec'.

> If we are going to add a dummy line, why not actually make it meaningful
> and have it default to the current users's name, uid and gid?

You can't get gid, because gid is only meaningful, if it's read from
/etc/passwd. Remember: Outside of domains, no primary group exists.
You only get name and uid but it should be possible, to use the
administrators group (gid 544) as primary group in any case.

Regards,

new mail address:
mailto:corinna@vinschen.de