Re: gdb "attach" and sharing thread info between processes

On Sun, May 02, 1999 at 07:27:34PM -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
>> I agree.  We'll also be fielding all sorts of confused comments from
>> users if this is the default.
>>
>> How about `set CYGWIN=error_start=/usr/bin/gdb'?
>
>Use the same registry entry DrWatson uses.

Except that gdb can't read MSVC symbol tables.  If we use the same
entry for this then people who have both cygwin and MSDEV on their
system will lose functionality.

Since cygwin only uses the registry for mount table stuff currently
I don't think we should start using the registry quite yet.

-chris