This is the mail archive of the firstname.lastname@example.org
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Re: Question about making changes...
- To: Chris Faylor <email@example.com>, cygdev <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Question about making changes...
- From: John Fortin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 15:40:55 -0500
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing-List: contact email@example.com; run by ezmlm
- References: <199903021832.NAA29309@mulberry.mcl.cs.columbia.edu> <36DE09B4.F7FCF40F@ibm.net> <19990303203244.J3450@cygnus.com> <36DE1249.BAE4F20F@ibm.net> <19990303210628.A4950@cygnus.com> <36DE2A68.C1DE54BB@ibm.net> <19990304105437.A1137@cygnus.com> <36DEAEF8.8ADDB8AF@ibm.net>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
John Fortin wrote:
> I t just seems strange to me that I can successfully build the 1-15 snapshot, and yet
> when I try to build the 2-22 snapshot I get tons of errors. I followed the exact same
> steps for both.
> Has something else changed that is not included in the snapshots, (i.e. new
> headers, libraries, egcs (is 1.1.1 required ?)) Has your setup changed since that
Well, here is the answer...
The following files in the snapshots ( so far ) have changed quite a bit since the
b20.1 source tree was released:
This caused the following program to fail when it was building.
My guess here is that the source tree at cygnus has been updated with the source for
updated tools ( i.e. gas, and probably others. ) Since the snapshots are taken from
this (cygnus) tree, there is not a clean install of snapshots onto the original b20.1
tree because of mismatched versions of tools..
When I replaced the files above with the originals from the b20.1 distribution, all
> >> Incidentally, are you reporting a bug with the 1999-2-22 snapshot? If
> >> so, we'll need more details to determine why it is not building. As I
> >> mentioned the snapshots are verified as buildable before they are made
> >> available so it is likely that you haven't downloaded everything you
> >> need to build things.
What files do I need to update my tree to the complete cygnus tree including any updates
to any of the tools...