[ITP] openh264 (2.3.1)

Takashi Yano takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp
Tue Feb 14 09:11:38 GMT 2023

On Mon, 13 Feb 2023 12:03:02 -0700
Brian Inglis wrote:

> >> Jon, should we include these headers as a part of ffmpeg
> >> source package? Or distribute as another package like
> >> https://tyan0.yr32.net/cygwin/noarch/release/openh264/ ?
>
> > I don't know.
> >
> > How do other distros approach this problem?
> > What's least effort for you?
>
> Debian downloads binaries directly from Cisco during pkg install.

This seems great if acceptable. I have tried that in
cygport file.

The new cygport file does:
- The header files are placed in libopenh264-headers.
  I think this makes the license of the header files
  clearer than fedora's approach.
- The libopenh264 package includes only /etc/postinstall
  and /etc/preremove, which downloads/removes Cisco's dll
  (binary) as well as license file.

Jon, could you please have a look?

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>