setup trying to install not existing packages

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Mon Jan 24 19:57:35 GMT 2022

On 24/01/2022 05:30, Marco Atzeri wrote:

> in same cases Setup is trying to install python-sip 6.5.0-1
> https://sourceware.org/pipermail/cygwin/2022-January/250604.html
>
> It seems the missing install row that we are currently accepting
> is not properly understood by Setup
[...]

Wow, what an oversight.

This just a bug in setup, in that it creates a python-sip 6.5.0-1
package, even though it doesn't have an install line (and so there's no
path to download it from, so if we produce a solution including it, the
download is just going to fail)

> there should be 3 packages that are pulling python-sip but really need
> python2-sip

picard, pulseaudio-equalizer, python-pykde4 seem to be the effected
packages.

Should be fixed in setup 2.917, which doesn't add that bogus package to
the data model, so the solution includes python-sip 4.19.6-1, which
pulls in python2-sip 4.19.6-1