[ITP] autoconf2.7

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Thu Dec 9 16:11:13 GMT 2021

> On Dec  8 19:46, Achim Gratz wrote:
>> Achim Gratz writes:
>>> +		case "${WANT_AUTOCONF}" in
>>> +		2.5|'')
>>> +			WANT_AUTOCONF=2.5
>>> +			case $(autoconf --version 2> /dev/null | head -n 1) in
>>>   			autoconf*2.[56]?) ;;
>>>   			*)	error "autoconf2.5 is required to build this package" ;;
>>> +			esac
>>> +			;;
>>> +		2.7)
>>> +			WANT_AUTOCONF=2.7
>>
>> If anybody prefers cygport to default to 2.7, then the "|''" part of the
>> above patch needs to be moved to the pattern clause for 2.7.
>
> We should do that, IMHO.

I agree, as I already said in a different thread.  Either way, there remains the
question of how to get cygport patched.  Until that happens, no maintainers can
use autoconf 2.71 unless they patch cygport locally, and no SCALLYWAG builds can
use autoconf 2.71.

Yaakov, any chance you would accept a co-maintainer of cygport (Jon Turney seems
like the obvious choice if he's willing) so that we can move forward on this and
other patches that have been proposed?

Ken