Re: [ITP] cygscript

On 19.4.2017 20.00, Jon Turney wrote:
> On 30/03/2017 06:54, Joni Eskelinen wrote:
>> Dear maintainers,
>>
>> Cygscript is an utility program allowing to register file types to be
>> executed in Cygwin when double clicked from File Explorer or when a file
>> is dragged and dropped to a registered file type.
>>
>> Any file type can be registered. Scripts are executed with bash in
>> MinTTY terminal. Windows paths passed as arguments (eg. when dragged and
>> dropped) are automatically detected and translated to POSIX paths.
>
> Thank you for your patience and sorry about the delay.
>
> Nice work.  I'm kind of surprised we don't have something like this
> already.

Thanks! I'm surprised too, since there's a lot of kinda hackish Windows
batch file solutions that are not generic nor easy to install.
TBH i'd rather see this feature implemented as a part of MinTTY.

> How attached are you to the name?  I know this is not a concept which
> lends itself easily to a short name, but perhaps something which makes
> the purpose a little more obvious is possible?

I settled on cygscript after a few iterations, but it's trivial to
change at this point. It's hard to come up with something that is not
bulky. Although this not a command one has to type often, so it wouldn't
matter if it had a longer name. I'd gladly hear suggestions.

>> Please see the github page for further details.
>
> It would be nice if there was a manpage included in the package.

I'll write and bundle a manpage in the near future.