Re: residual setup.hint

On 04/04/2017 14:28, Marco Atzeri wrote:
Not sure if "calm" is excluding them, but I noticed for some
packages we have now an excess of "setup.hint" as all existing
revision have their own package-revison.hint

These old setup.hint files should be benign, unless they are recording obsolete dependencies which aren't needed any more.

[...]
Is a cleaning needed ?

Eventually, yes.

Unfortunately, a maintainer removing these files via '-setup.hint' is not permitted, as I haven't implemented it due to the complexity of determining if that is safe.

I've noted that there needs to be a migration plan for this (See [1])

I guess the first stage of which is to turn off uploads containing setup.hint (as generated by older versions of cygport), but I'm not sure we've reached that point in time, yet.

[1] https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2016-09/msg00025.html