MP3 decoding support in Cygwin

As you may have heard, Red Hat legal has determined that MP3 decoding support may now be freely distributed, and hence is being added to Fedora proper. This applies to Cygwin as well, and therefore (as I just announced), mpg123 and libmad have been added to the distribution. (GStreamer has had MP3 playback support since February via the acmmp3dec plugin, which wraps Windows ACM.) Free to use these libraries in any of your packages.

Please note that *only* MP3 *decoding* support is being allowed at this time. So no LAME (or twoLAME), nor MPEG *video* decoding (smpeg or libmpeg2), etc., until further notice.

While we cannot comment on any specific patents, if you have any questions as to whether a particular package may be permitted, please feel free to ask here.

--
Yaakov