Re: [ITP] FUSE 2.8

On Wed, 17 Aug 2016, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Mark, did you find out how to move the repo under the Cygwin org
in the meantime?  Is it the "Import repository" functionality by
any chance?

Hi Corinna,
Bill and I worked it out on a different thread of this conversation.  I
currently have a public repo mgeisert/cygfuse on GitHub.  That seemed to be
sufficient to me as maintainer.  Does it need to be moved under cygwin/ ?
If yes, it looks like "Import Repository" is a way to do it.

It doesn't *need* to be but it would be neat and helpful to have
closley Cygwin-related projects in the Cygwin org.

I don't have any objection to that in principle. It's hard for me to tell if this project qualifies that way, though. Conceptually it's kind of like a VFS layer, but the core functionality is in Bill's separate Windows-native WinFSP dll. The Cygwin end of things is just a bunch of wrappers around WinFSP calls all collected in a Cygwin dll. (BTW, I don't see how transparency is supposed to work in a setup like this.)

I was planning to make sure the package Bill supplied met all the
requirements for a Cygwin package.  I figure it's real close but there was
something I wasn't sure about and needed to research further, then real life
intervened.  Something to do with where its cygport file was getting package
source from.

Directly from git?  See, e.g., the cygwin package's cygport.

OK. The cygfuse.cygport file is referring to Bill's separate GitHub space for source code. Not sure it ought to do that. Either my GitHub space (as I'm the Cygwin cygfuse maintainer) or Cygwin's GitHub space seems better.

I'm debugging some faulting test programs so this cygfuse code doesn't seem fully ready for prime time just yet. I'm sure Bill had it working so it's likely to be some kind of local issue, so it's mine to solve.

..mark