Re: Dedup x86/x86_64 --> noarch

> After a discussion on IRC about de-duping the noarch content out of
> package files (where I was told this would be too difficult), I've just
> tried what would happen for two of my packages, maxima and perl.

I feel as though I've once again missed some important discussion about package
maintenance.  Your question implies that we can now upload packages with arch
"noarch".  Is that true?

I remember a discussion of this question a year or two ago, where IIRC the
result was that we wouldn't have any "noarch" packages.  Did that change?  If
so, I seem to have missed the discussion here.  It should be worth a "HEADSUP".

If this is what's happened, we need to update https://cygwin.com/setup.html with
the new information (the page is overdue for an overhaul anyway). In particular
I wonder if cygport is ready to handle the change.

Or, maybe I'm just misunderstanding.

Thanks,
Andrew