Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.5.0-0.8

On Mar 20 11:59, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen writes:
> >> If so, it might be a good idea for maintainers to test that nothing
> >> unexpected happens when they build their packages.
> >
> > Yes, that's really a good idea.
>
> I've run a fresh build of Perl on this.
>
> - there's a new signal: SIGIOT

That's ok and has nothing to do with the FTMs.

> - two new symbols are found:  _POSIX_C_SOURCE  _POSIX_SOURCE

They are defined based on the project's settings.  They are also
set by default if nothing is set by the application, as in glibc.

> - compilation complains about implicit declaration of fseeko and ftello
>   (it could have used fseek and ftell since it's a 64bit build).

There's already a thread on the newlib ML about this one.

> - eaccess is also implicitly defined

eaccess requires setting _GNU_SOURCE.

> - some math functions are available on 32bit, but not 64bit: acosh,
>   asinh, atanh, cbrt, copysign, erf, erfc, expm1, finite, hypot, ilogb,
>   j0, lgamma, lgamma_r, log1p, lobg, nan, nextafter, remainder, scalbn
>   (this has likely been that way for as long as 64bit exists)

These functions are defined on both platforms.  What's *not* defined on
64 bit, but only on 32 bit, are the same functions preceeded with an
underscore, e.g. _copysign.

Can you please check again?  There's something else going wrong here.

Thanks,