Re: AVX on Cygwin

Corinna Vinschen writes:
> On second thought, what I'm wondering about is what exactly *is* the
> problem with AVX?  While the AVX context isn't saved when running signal
> handlers or getcontext, it's very unlikely that the AVX state changes at
> all when running a system function or signal handler.  No system function
> in Cygwin affects the AVX registers.  And a signal handler running AVX
> functions seems unlikely, too.

I've tried to figure something out from the strace that was posted on
the main list, but I don't see anything (it's big and I may have missed
it).

> Before changing Cygwin it would be nice to know exactly where/when the
> problem occurs.

Please don't change anything yet.  I've read the release notes again,
the thing specific to Broadwell/Skylake are the two ADX instructions,
which should be using plain 64bit registers.  For whatever reason these
two architectures have special treatment only on 64bit and are ignored
for 32bit if I read things correctly in the source.

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: