Re: Questions on package adoption conventions

I was able to 'git clone' the cygutils source tree and fix user-reported issues and my build issues. I'm ready to push the updates but have hit a snag...
<prompt> git push origin master

and the repository exists.

I tried creating a git branch and pushing that instead; same error. Adding -v to the 'git push' command shows "Pushing to git://sourceware.org/git/cygwin-cygutils.git" which seems correct.

I suspect my login credentials are incorrect. How/where do I specify what my sourceware login is? Or maybe it's some other problem?

Separate from that, I will need to update the cygutils.cygport file which resides outside of this cygutils source tree. How do I access that file?

And if that wasn't enough, here's another newbie question: Am I really supposed to push to master or is there a review that should be done first? So pushing a revision branch is the right way to allow for a review?
Thanks for any hints,

..mark