Re: Uploading packages built against Perl 5.2.2 [

Corinna Vinschen writes:
> Or Eric.  I'm not sure how this !perl thingy is supposed to work since
> the tags are handled by upset...

The idea was that when every maintainer has said he's ready, someone
goes into the server just after the updater has run and moves all !perl
to !ready, so that an hour later everything will go into setup.ini at
once.  This obviously only works if upset doesn't get upset if it finds
something that looks like a cookie file, but isn't.  Come to think of it
it probably does and will delete it, but I don't want to try without
someone standing by that can help get things back in order if it somehow
fails.

> As for setting bulk !ready tags, I can do that, but not this week.  Next
> Monday at the earliest.

That would give two more days for maintainers to upload, which would be
OK.  The only difference would be that every maintainer needs to ensure
that posting the cookies in the top-level release directories is OK.  At
the moment we're stuck anyway as long as David and Yaakov don't show up
since I consider (some of) their packages essential.

Regards,
Achim.