Re: [ITP] znc 1.6.0

22.07.2015 09:07, Corinna Vinschen:
> On Jul 22 00:32, Alexey Sokolov wrote:
>>> I've had a busy day and I'm a little tired, so I'm probably about to
>>> make a fool of myself on a public mailing list. Never mind :-) Three
>>> points on the znc package:
>>>
>>>   - Unless I've missed something, all this talk of DLL naming is a
>>> little academic at the moment, as there is no 'dll.a' file to actually
>>> link against.
>>
>> GCC links against .dll (or .so) fine.
>
> Without the (non-versioned) .dll.a file in /usr/lib, using -lznc will
> fail.  This should be part of the -devel package.

$ g++ -O2 -std=c++11 -U__STRICT_ANSI__ -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -include
znc/zncconfig.h -L/bin -lznc-1.6 -shared -o alias.so alias.cpp

This is roughly what znc-buildmod does when one runs "znc-buildmod
alias.cpp", it's provided in the -devel package. And it works.

(I've omitted several long flags from that command line, which are
irrelevant for this discussion)

The current packaged version uses '-L"/bin"' with quotes instead, I need
to fix this.

>>>   - Has anyone tried building this in Cygwin? I tried rebuilding the
>>> 1.6.0-2 release, and couldn't get it to compile without hacking the
>>> 'Makefile.in' files. Even if you generate a 'dll.a', the linker
>>> arguments are in the wrong order. This doesn't matter in Linux, but it
>>> /does/ matter in Cygwin. Does this only build if cross-compiled out of
>>> Fedora?
>>
>> I'm using https://github.com/znc/znc-cygwin to build it on Cygwin.
>>
>>>   - Forgive me for being pedantic, but who gave this a GTG? I couldn't
>>> find one on this thread, and yet the package is up on the mirrors.
>>
>> I thought if the package exists in popular distros, no GTG needed?
>
> Uhm, no.  The *votes* are not required, the GTG is.

Oops. Sorry then!