Re: upset, genini: different version ordering

On Jul 21 21:13, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen writes:
> > That's not sufficient, probably.  I'm pretty sure you'd have to tweak
> > setup as well.
>
> Maybe, but the order setup itself imposes really comes into play only if
> the system has a version installed that is not in setup.ini anymore and
> that setup would order before all other versions listed there.  And
> forcing "curr" to be installed (the sync toggle that has been proposed)
> takes care of that.

But then, for the time being, you can take care of this weird ordering
with prev and cutrr markers, right?

> > And then there's still the questionable license of upset...
>
> That's why I don't really want to look at the code.

Well, apart from "me, no perl", me neither.  Nevertheless I looked into
upset briefly (I'm tainted anyway), and it turns out that the version
number handling is entirely hand-made.  Version.pm is a 85 lines perl
script, providing two functions, Normalize($;$) and Sort(\@)

Your suggestion was to change upset to use the version handling lib
from http://search.cpan.org/~jpeacock/version-0.9912/lib/version.pod,
right?

Is anybody here willing to rework a set of perl scripts to improve the
version handling :}