Re: [ITP] znc 1.6.0

On 21/07/2015 08:12, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Jul 20 19:58, Alexey Sokolov wrote:
Well, in that case 1.6 works fine. When 1.7.0 will be released, the
filename will be changed to cygznc-1.7.dll.
Assuming 1.7 does not break the ABI.  The problem here is that modules
built for 1.6 won't run on 1.7, even if the ABI hasn't changed, because
these modules won't find the DLL anymore.  In this case your update
to a newer package would break self-built modules for no good reason.

I've had a busy day and I'm a little tired, so I'm probably about to make a fool of myself on a public mailing list. Never mind :-) Three points on the znc package:

- Unless I've missed something, all this talk of DLL naming is a little academic at the moment, as there is no 'dll.a' file to actually link against.

- Has anyone tried building this in Cygwin? I tried rebuilding the 1.6.0-2 release, and couldn't get it to compile without hacking the 'Makefile.in' files. Even if you generate a 'dll.a', the linker arguments are in the wrong order. This doesn't matter in Linux, but it /does/ matter in Cygwin. Does this only build if cross-compiled out of Fedora?

- Forgive me for being pedantic, but who gave this a GTG? I couldn't find one on this thread, and yet the package is up on the mirrors.

Let's hope I've missed something really obvious - apologies for any late-night stupidity.

Dave.