Re: perl-5.14.4

Corinna Vinschen writes:
> Uh oh, the debug information is either broken (which is unlikely) or GDB
> doesn't use it anymore due to the CRC mismatch.  Maybe the same CRC
> mismatch breaks objcopy in cygport, given that both are based on the
> same BFD code?

Maybe, but none of the tools ever complained about the CRC (I remember
that GDB checks it though).  A CRC should be a fixable thing, though.

> For the time being, is it really required to rebase the DLLs for testing
> before the debug information is split off?  If you could do the rebase
> and test cycle after splitting off the debug info, the problem should be
> neglectable.

For the moment I've changed the patch to EUMM to check if it's run from
cygport and not rebase the just produced DLL in that case.  I only need
to remember to package the module before testing instead of the other
way around (and do a manual rebase before testing, but that isn't
difficult).  So, I have a workaround.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: