Re: [ITP] python-discid-1.1.0: Python binding of libdiscid by MusicBrainz

On Mon, 2015-02-09 at 14:40 +0100, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:

>     > On Mon, 2015-02-09 at 09:51 +0100, vzell@volkerzell.de wrote:
>     >> category: Python
>     >> requires: python
>     >> sdesc: "Python binding of libdiscid by MusicBrainz"
>     >> ldesc: "The main purpose is the calculation of an identifier for audio
>     >> discs (Disc ID) to use for the MusicBrainz database. Additionally
>     >> the disc MCN and track ISRCs can be extracted."
>
>     > This module loads libdiscid via ctypes, so you need an explicit
>     > REQUIRES=libdiscid-devel in your .cygport.  With that change, GTG.
>
> Shouldn't that be:
>
> REQUIRES=libdiscid0

No.  Our python packages include a patch so that
ctypes.util.find_library('foo') will 'dlltool -I /usr/lib/libfoo.dll.a'
in order to find the DLL name it should load.  Therefore, python
packages which use find_library('foo') must REQUIRES libfoo-devel.

(BTW, think this is bad?  On ELF platforms, find_library uses gcc -lfoo
and ldd to discover the SONAME.)

--
Yaakov