Re: [ITP] chicken-4.9.0.1

* Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> [141211 13:30]:
> If you don't use any of the automatisms and special features described
> in the cygport manual's postinstall section, I guess you either have
> to install the script in your install rule, or you have to install it
> manually from the src_install section (uhm... :}).  A doexe command
> should do it, I think.

How about this?

# package name
NAME="chicken"
VERSION=4.9.0.1
RELEASE=1

# setup.hint generation
CATEGORY="interpreters"
SUMMARY="A practical and portable scheme system."
DESCRIPTION="A practical and portable scheme system.
CHICKEN is a compiler for the Scheme programming language. CHICKEN
produces portable and efficient C, supports almost all of the R5RS
Scheme language standard, and includes many enhancements and
extensions."

REQUIRES="make gcc-core gcc-g++"

# source and patch files
SRC_URI="http://code.call-cc.org/releases/${PV}/${P}.tar.gz";

AR=$(arch)
if [ $AR = "i686" ]
then
   MAKEOPTS="PREFIX=/usr PLATFORM=cygwin ARCH=x86"
elif [ $AR = "x86_64" ]
then
   MAKEOPTS="PREFIX=/usr PLATFORM=cygwin ARCH=x86-64 HACKED_APPLY="
else
   ECHO "Unknown Architecture"
fi

src_compile() {
	lndirs
        cd ${B}
        cygmake
}

src_install() {
	cd ${B}
	cyginstall
	cat > ${B}/chicken.sh <<HERE
#!/bin/bash
chicken-install -updatedb
HERE
	exeinto /etc/postinstall
	doexe chicken.sh
	cat > ${B}chicken.sh <<HERE
#!/bin/bash
rm $(chicken-install -repository)/modules.db
HERE
	exeinto /etc/preremove
	doexe chicken.sh
}

src_test() {
        cd ${B}
        cygmake -i check
}

How do I test the actual install? The tarball itself seems to contain
the right thing and if I unpack it manually it all seems to work.
But you never know...

Otherwise GTG?

Thank you all for your help so far!

Christian

--
May you be peaceful, may you live in safety, may you be free from
suffering, and may you live with ease.