Re: [ITP] chicken-4.9.0.1

On Dec 11 11:35, Christian Kellermann wrote:
> * Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> [141211 11:14]:
> > This is default behaviour so you should be able to do without the
> > src_install function.
> >
> Ok!
>
> > > I need to update an internal database of available chicken modules.
> > > However due to the internal design, I need to call this either so
> > > that PREFIX equals DESTDIR during make install or the *installed*
> > > binary after unpacking the cygwin package tarball. Is there an
> > > infrastructure for such things?
> >
> > Postinstall scripts.  If you install a *.sh script (preferredly called
> > after your package) into /etc/postinstall,  it will run after every
> > install and update.
> >
> > If you add a *.sh into /etc/preremove, it will run before every package
> > removal and before every update.
>
> What's the preferred way with cygports to add them?

If you don't use any of the automatisms and special features described
in the cygport manual's postinstall section, I guess you either have
to install the script in your install rule, or you have to install it
manually from the src_install section (uhm... :}).  A doexe command
should do it, I think.