Re: [HEADSUP] Base category

On 2014-12-10 22:27, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Peter Rosin writes:
>> I would like to still be able to pick a single new package and leave
>> the rest as is, and I would like to NOT be required to download the
>> latest setup and run it using some newfangled command line option for
>> this. It is very nice to be able run the lastest setup with a few
>> clicks on the web-site.
>
> tar -C / -xvf /path/to/package | gzip -9c > /etc/setup/package.lst.gz
> egrep "^package " /etc/setup/installed.db || echo "package package-0-0.tar.bz2 0" >> /etc/setup/installed.db

Yes, nothing can go wrong if I do that. And I will never forget to
rebase. And I will never forget to trigger info-generation. It's just
perfect. In fact, I will not get any nasty surprises ever if I do
it like that and I can just get rid of setup entirely. Whatever do
I need it for anyway?

Cheers,
Peter