Re: [HEADSUP] Base category

On Dec  6 12:40, Ken Brown wrote:
Hi,

isn't it rather annoying that even Base packages have dependencies
outside the Base category?  So, even if I perform a plain Base-only
installation, I get asked if dependencies shall be fullfilled, which, as
a question, is more than borderline anyway.

Therefore, shouldn't we put all packages Base packages depend on into
Base as well?

That makes sense to me.  The popup about dependencies could be confusing for
someone installing Cygwin for the first time.

ACK.

Also, can we automate this?

I'm not sure that's a good idea.  If the dependencies of a Base package
change, it's probably good for this to be noticeable, in case it was due to
a packaging error.

Uh, I was only talking about automating to add the categories to all
affected packages once and get a list of packages to send to this list.

I just did a test install on each architecture and extracted the info from setup.log.

Both arches:
============
_autorebase
_update-info-dir