Re: perl-5.18.2-1

> On Oct 28 12:41, Ken Brown wrote:
>> >
>> >I've offered a practical way to do this for everyone to test on a 32bit
>> >install.  If that works and is agreeable, I've also offered to ITA/ITP
>> >the packages in question plus any other Perl distributions that
>> >maintainers want to be taken off their hands.  That's the way I've been
>> >running my own installations for about two years now and I haven't been
>> >looking back.

This way was not practical. You cannot ensure a proper rebased initial
set this way, hence 32bit rebase error will be more likely.
I didn't make progress in the autorebaser for cpan installs.

>> Another two months have passed and there's still no response from Reini, nor
>> do we have a release of perl-5.18 on x86_64.  Can someone suggest a way to
>> move forward?  Is Reini still with us?
>
> Reini?  Ping?  Your last reply to the issue is from Aprl 9th, and you
> never replied to the problems outlined by Yaakov the same day.

I'm reading but I cannot work on it, since my machines are still on
the ship from the US to Europe.

> P.S: If Reini doesn't reply within the next two or three weeks, I'd say
>      perl is up for grabs.

But I'm fine if Achim takes it, since he caused too many troubles in
his x86_64 packaging changes for the 32bit port, which I didn't want
to follow.

--
Reini Urban
http://cpanel.net/   http://www.perl-compiler.org/