Re: cygport improvements: upload, fish, src_prep_fini_hook

Thanks for taking a look.

> On 2014-10-19 09:13, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> > I've published several improvements to cygport on Github.  Each improvement
> > is in its own branch:
> >
> > upload
> >    Adds the "upload" command: upload finished packages to cygwin.com.
>
> I definitely want to add this feature.  However, the implementation is
> overly complicated; only one upload client need be supported, which
> should then be added to requires:.  (Yes, I'm aware that downloading
> handles wget or curl, but that is legacy code and the same should apply
> there.)

OK, I'll pick one and simplify.  lftp and sftp both work, but both have
annoyances.  I still haven't found a way to make lftp give better progress
information during uploads - it seems really determined to shut that
information off when it's not getting input from a TTY.  sftp doesn't have
a recursive remove so you have to do a bunch of extra kludgy work to remove
the existing upload directories.

>  The pkg_name for loops are also incorrect wrt subpackages.

OK.  Can you please suggest a package with subpackages that I can easily
build to see what's going on in that case?

Also, I want to be sure I understand
https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-apps/2014-08/msg00028.html.  That message
was talking about primary package names, which now all go at the top level
under release.  But subpackages should still be nested within their primary
package directories, like the *-debuginfo packages.  Correct?  And I guess
that cygport will create the subpackage directories within dist/ as they
should be uploaded?

> > fish
> >    Creates fish scripts in /etc/profile.d/*.fish.
>
> Merged, with a note in the documentation wrt portability.

Good, thanks.

> > src_prep_fini_hook
> >    Adds support for the src_prep_fini_hook() hook function, which runs
> >    at the end of prep, after creation of the src directory. This seems to be
> > the only way to copy in complete files to the src directory during prep.
>
> If all you want to do is copy files to $S during unpacking, just add
> them to SRC_URI.

That is the only use case I have for that hook.  I'll take a look and see
if that works.

Andrew