Re: cygport improvements: upload, fish, src_prep_fini_hook

On 2014-10-19 09:13, Andrew Schulman wrote:
I've published several improvements to cygport on Github.  Each improvement
is in its own branch:

upload
   Adds the "upload" command: upload finished packages to cygwin.com.

I definitely want to add this feature. However, the implementation is overly complicated; only one upload client need be supported, which should then be added to requires:. (Yes, I'm aware that downloading handles wget or curl, but that is legacy code and the same should apply there.) The pkg_name for loops are also incorrect wrt subpackages.

fish
   Creates fish scripts in /etc/profile.d/*.fish.

Merged, with a note in the documentation wrt portability.

src_prep_fini_hook
   Adds support for the src_prep_fini_hook() hook function, which runs
   at the end of prep, after creation of the src directory. This seems to be
the only way to copy in complete files to the src directory during prep.

If all you want to do is copy files to $S during unpacking, just add them to SRC_URI.

Yaakov