Re: [ITP] rpcbind 0.2.1

Corinna Vinschen writes:
> Procps only for sysctl, and sysctl is not working on Cygwin anyway.
> I'll create a new procps package which omits sysctl entirely.

Great, thank you.

> As for sysvinit (and potential others), I'm not exactly keen to add
> another hardcoded mount /usr/sbin -> /sbin or some such.  Perhaps
> we should simply disregard /sbin and see to it that no new package
> installs anything into it.

OK, it is currently an outlier anyway.  What does one use sysvinit for
with cygwin I might ask?

Now back to the other question: do we want or need to provide some
standard / sanctioned notion of user root or group wheel?  I still have
those feature requests against base-files to change the shell prompt for
users in group 544 to "#".  It'd be easy enough to keep the result in a
variable for other uses.  on the other hand I didn't want to do it in
/etc/profile so far, but if it becomes standard fare that might be
necessary.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld: