Re: [ITP] rpcbind 0.2.1

On Aug 21 18:53, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen writes:
> > We can (and maybe should) consider to add /usr/sbin to $PATH by default
> > in /etc/profile, but that's a discussion concerning the base-files
> > package in the first place.
>
> Only root should have it in PATH otherwise you could just install
> everything in /usr/bin and forget about it â which gets us back to the
> problem of who gets to call himself root in Cygwin.  BTW, /sbin and
> /usr/sbin are currently separate â sysvinit and procps are the only
> packages that install files into /sbin, though.

Procps only for sysctl, and sysctl is not working on Cygwin anyway.
I'll create a new procps package which omits sysctl entirely.

As for sysvinit (and potential others), I'm not exactly keen to add
another hardcoded mount /usr/sbin -> /sbin or some such.  Perhaps
we should simply disregard /sbin and see to it that no new package
installs anything into it.