Re: [ITP] libsuexec 1.0

Hi Achim,

Achim Gratz wrote:

> D. Boland writes:
> > Thanks for all the critiques and suggestions regarding this new library. I have made
> > changes accordingly.
>
> I still think you should name it differently.  Marco has already mixed
> it up with Apache suexecâ?¦

The idea kind of was to mix it up, so people will know what it does. I noticed that
you and other people already declare the user switching technique half dead. It's a
brilliant idea, you know. Because of its simplicity. It's even patented. By
referring to the Apache executable I give the technique the glory and attention it
deserves.

So most people are thinking 'Capabilities' nowadays... Sigh. This will only steer
admins away from finding out how user switching works and applying it. Instead they
will just run entire server processes as admin-users.

Sincerely,
Daniel