Re: [ITA] Procmail 3.22

Hi Corinna,

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> Some users are running fetchmail/procmail/mutt without the detour over
> using an MTA, for instance:
>
>   $ grep mda ~/.fetchmailrc
>   mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d %T"
>
> Will this still work as expected, even if the user is member of the
> admin group?  Keep in mind that Windows XP/2003 are not providing UAC
> at all, and even on UAC-providing systems, it might be switched off.

I implemented the ipv6 patch. Here's the new release candidate:

http://cygwin.boland.nl/x86/release/procmail/

I tested fetchmail, the way you indicate. It works fine, both for admin and
non-admin users. Procmail always acts as the mailbox (calling) user. That's why
Sendmail changes user two times, instead of one: root -> smmsp -> corinna

By the way: this combination of fetchmail and procmail is nice. What program do you
use to read the downloaded e-mail?

By the way 2: to be shure: does your procmail put the e-mails in /var/spool/mail?
And can you paste me the output of ls -l /var/spool/mail?

Daniel