This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
cygport cross compilation
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin-apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 12:32:46 -0400
- Subject: cygport cross compilation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I've just started experimenting with using cygport for cross compiling,
and I've come across two issues:
1. This is just a request: The latest cygport for Fedora appends i686 or
x86_64 to the name of the working directory. I would find it convenient
if cygport did the same thing on Cygwin, at least if the --32 or --64
option is specified.
2. I tried to do a build for x86-cygwin on x86_64-cygwin, but the
compiler didn't work:
$ cat test.c
$ i686-pc-cygwin-gcc test.c
/tmp/ccaAaoj6.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccaAaoj6.s:9: Error: invalid instruction suffix for `push'