Re: [ITP] tmux 1.9a (was 1.8-271-gb3de4a3)

Hi Corinna

Sorry for the late response, I was on vacation and then punished by a
nasty cold...

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 10:05 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Neat.  Apart from proposing to include the package, are you willing to
> maintain this package in the Cygwin distro and help users on the cygwin
> AT cygwin DOT com mailing list?  Also, did you see
> https://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/package-upload.html?

Yes, I am willing to do so. I read this document, but will probably
need to revisit it again from time to time ;-)

> These are only 32 bit packages?  Would you mind to provide the 64 bit
> packages as well, please?

I now also built using Cygwin64. However, in order to do so, I had to
change the dependency on ARCH_x86_64 to libncursesw-devel. Otherwise I
still depend on libncurses-devel. Is this the correct procedure? I was
a bit confused that there is no libncurses-devel package on Cygwin64.

In the meantime version 1.9a was released, so I updated the package.
It being an official release, I removed the test version tag from the
setup.hint.

ARCH_i686:

category: Utils
requires: libevent2.0_5 libncurses10
sdesc: "Terminal multiplexer"
ldesc: "tmux enables a number of terminals (or windows) to be accessed and
controlled from a single terminal like screen. tmux runs as a server-client
system. A server is created automatically when necessary and holds a number of
sessions, each of which may have a number of windows linked to it. Any number
of clients may connect to a session, or the server may be controlled by issuing
commands with tmux. Communication takes place through a socket, by default
placed in /tmp. Moreover tmux provides a consistent and well-documented command
interface, with the same syntax whether used interactively, as a key binding,
or from the shell. It offers a choice of vim or Emacs key layouts."

ARCH_x86_64:

category: Utils
requires: libevent2.0_5 libncursesw10
sdesc: "Terminal multiplexer"
ldesc: "tmux enables a number of terminals (or windows) to be accessed and
controlled from a single terminal like screen. tmux runs as a server-client
system. A server is created automatically when necessary and holds a number of
sessions, each of which may have a number of windows linked to it. Any number
of clients may connect to a session, or the server may be controlled by issuing
commands with tmux. Communication takes place through a socket, by default
placed in /tmp. Moreover tmux provides a consistent and well-documented command
interface, with the same syntax whether used interactively, as a key binding,
or from the shell. It offers a choice of vim or Emacs key layouts."

The package files can be obtained from:

* http://wildcodes.com/cygwin/tmux/setup.hint
* http://wildcodes.com/cygwin/tmux/tmux-1.9a-1-src.tar.xz
* http://wildcodes.com/cygwin/tmux/tmux-1.9a-1.tar.xz
* http://wildcodes.com/cygwin/tmux/tmux-debuginfo/setup.hint
* http://wildcodes.com/cygwin/tmux/tmux-debuginfo/tmux-debuginfo-1.9a-1.tar.xz

* http://wildcodes.com/cygwin64/tmux/setup.hint
* http://wildcodes.com/cygwin64/tmux/tmux-1.9a-1-src.tar.xz
* http://wildcodes.com/cygwin64/tmux/tmux-1.9a-1.tar.xz
* http://wildcodes.com/cygwin64/tmux/tmux-debuginfo/setup.hint
* http://wildcodes.com/cygwin64/tmux/tmux-debuginfo/tmux-debuginfo-1.9a-1.tar.xz

Kind regards

Michael

PS: @Balaji Thanks for pointing me to the 1.9a version. It was
released while I was struggling with the mailing list to get my mails
through, that's why I hadn't noticed it.