Re: [ITP] WeeChat -- Fast, light and extensible chat client

On Oct 18 16:54, Sebastien wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 10:22:42AM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > Hi Sebastien,
> >
> > On Oct 11 18:34, Sebastien wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm the developer of WeeChat, a fast, light and extensible chat client, released
> > > under GPLv3.
> > >
> > > Web site: http://weechat.org/
> > >
> > > It is available in almost all Linux distributions, for example:
> > >
> > >   http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=weechat
> > >   https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/weechat
> > >   http://software.opensuse.org/package/weechat
> > >
> > > I built packages using cygport for WeeChat 0.4.2 (released past Sunday), for
> > > Cygwin 32/64 bit.
> > > [...]
> > Can you please regenerate the package without the weechat_REQUIRES?
>
> Hi Corinna,
>
> I have rebuilt all packages without the weechat_REQUIRES line. Now dependencies
> are correct. Packages are at same URL:
>
>   http://weechat.org/files/cygwin/0.4.2/

Uploaded.

> And I understood why they were missing: my locale is french under cygwin
> (LANG=fr_FR), and the cygport tool is grepping output of "objdump -p" for the
> text "DLL Name:" (file pkg_info.cygpart in cygport sources). When your locale is
> not english, this text is translated (in french I have: "Nom DLL:").
>
> So if I run cygport with this command:
>
>   cygport weechat-0.4.2-1.cygport package
>
> I have nothing in "requires" field.
>
> Instead I have to run:
>
>   LANG=C cygport weechat-0.4.2-1.cygport package
>
> which gives all dependencies in the "requires" field.
>
> I think it is a bug in cygport tool.
> Or at least, if you consider it's not a bug, it should be mentioned in the help
> that the tool must be run with an english locale (or LANG=C). Anyway, I think it
> would be better to fix that, so that other users will not spent time like me to
> understand why the "requires" field is empty!

Yaakov, any comment?  Would it make sense to set LANG=C throughout
the cygport script?

> Another thing I forgot to mention in my first e-mail, the "guile" plugin for
> WeeChat is disabled in my cygport file, because Guile >= 2.0 is required, but
> not (yet?) available in cygwin. When version 2.0 will be available, I'll be able
> to build this plugin.

Jan, our 32 bit version of guile is 1.8.7 from 2010, the 64 bit version
is at 1.8.8.  Do you see any chance to update guile to a 2.x version?

Thanks,