Re: [RFC] cygport: use -Werror=implicit-function-declarations

On 2013-10-17 04:38, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Oct 16 18:42, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
One potential drawback is that this flag may cause false negatives
in poorly written configure tests; without extensive testing, I
can't say yet how prevalent this would be, but I think that making
this an error and perusing config.log is generally easier than
making it just a warning and having to sift through the entire
output of make.

Uh... I'm not so sure about that.  I would rather see the configure
tests running through, but like the idea to have
-Werror=implicit-function-declaration set for the actual make stage.

There is no practical way of changing CFLAGS between the configure and make stages.

It's more important that configure tests run to check for existence
of stuff, and not being able to configure is a really annoying
problem.

configure would still run, but poorly written tests could return "no" when the correct answer is "yes".

Yaakov