Re: [ITP] asa 1.1

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 03:45:00PM -0700, Bogdan wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Unless anyone else wants to, I volunteer to package and maintain an implementation of the POSIX asa utility. The implementation I have in mind was written by?Thomas Koenig and its home is mentioned in the setup.hint file, below. It is a Fortran runtime utility that interprets carriage-control characters.
>
>setup.hint:
>
># This utility comes from?ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/devel/lang/fortran
>sdesc: "ASA Carriage control conversion for output by Fortran programs"
>category: Base
>
>I don't know whether Base is the right category but it's pretty similar to what dos2unix does, the latter being part of Base.

Base is definitely not the right category.  Conversion for output by
Fortran programs seems like a pretty small target audience.

Also:

% yum list asa
Loaded plugins: auto-update-debuginfo, rhnplugin
This system is receiving updates from RHN Classic or RHN Satellite.
Error: No matching Packages to list

% emerge --search /asa
Searching...
[ Results for search key : /asa ]
[ Applications found : 0 ]

This doesn't seem to be available in at least two popular linux
distributions so you'll need to get votes.