Re: some cygport packaging issues

On Aug 14 22:25, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> (Packaging algol68g)
> There are two warnings at the end:
> *** Warning: setup.hint is missing
> *** Warning: algol68g.hint is missing
>
> What's the latter (algol68g.hint)?
> The file setup.hint is in the same directory as the cygport file where
> I invoked cygport. Does it need to be included in the package?

Not at all, if you're using the newer style of cygport files.  Assuming
your package "foo" is a simple package, not having a couple of subpackages,
then it's pretty simple.  If the foo.cygport file starts like this

  NAME="foo"               # Package name
  VERSION="1.2"            # Upstream version
  RELEASE=1                # Cygwin subversion
  CATEGORY="Text Utils"    # String with Cygwin package categories
  SUMMARY="foo SUmmary"    # == sdesc in setup.hint
  DESCRIPTION="foo Desc"  # == ldesc in setup.hint

then the setup.hint file will be autogenerated by cygport, including the
"requires:" line.  Apart from the toplevel files (which IMHO really
should not be generated anymore), you 'll find a complete,
distro-suitable subdirectory  "foo-1.2-1/dist/foo", with all files
including the generated setup.hint.

This also works for a package with mutiple subpackages.  For an example,
have a look into the latest pl src package pl-6.4.1-3-src.tar.bz2.

Oh.  I just see that your algol68g cygport file is an old style cygport
file.  No wonder you had to care for this yourself.

For the next time, change your file to drop the version from the filename
(just "algol68g.cygport"), and add the missing variables as outlined above:

  NAME="algol68g"
  VERSION="2.7"
  RELEASE=1
  CATEGORY="Devel Interpreters"
  SUMMARY="Algol 68 Genie interpreter"  # Your former DESCRIPTION
  DESCRIPTION="... long text ..."

and drop the DEPEND line.  The deps will be autogenerated anyway.

> The upstream package installs two include files that are not
> actually needed on cygwin.
> Can cygport be configured to exclude them from packaging?

PKG_IGNORE="file/to/be/excluded another/file/to/be/excluded [...]"

paths are relative to the installation dir ${D}.

> ----
> (Packaging mined)
>
> Cygport creates a postinstall file that doesn't seem to be necessary;
> can I switch if off?
> (I assume the following dependencies to desktop-file-utils and
> shared-mime-info would also go away then?)

Are you using the mined cygport file I sent to this list a couple of
weeks (months?) ago?  Either way, it would help to see the content of
your cygport file.

> One file to be deployed contains spaces in the filename; cygport chokes
> on them:
> sed: can't read usr/share/mined/setup_install/win/MinEd: No such
> file or directory
> sed: can't read Web: No such file or directory
> sed: can't read Manual.url: No such file or directory
>
> ----
>
> When linking, the first attempt fails because somehow cygport suppresses
> a gcc link parameter which is included in the makefile ($(SLIB)) so
> -lncurses is missing. Error message: *** ERROR: make failed
> Interestingly, cygport recovers with another attempt and the
> original, unmodified
> makefile rule.
> This happens only on 64 Bit; weird - why and how does it do that?

Don't know about these two.