Re: Please build 64 bit packages

On Aug  1 03:40, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> On 2013-08-01 02:57, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >On Jul 31 18:23, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> >>I just copied over the newest version of all noarch packages whose
> >>deps are available.  Ignoring obsolete packages, as of this moment,
> >>the diffstat between the arches is +81/-316.
> >
> >Cool, many thanks!
> >
> >How did you generate the diffstat?  The numbers indicate a lot of
> >preliminary work before running the tool since a simple diff returns
> >numbers along the lines of -1000/+1500.
>
> First off, I'm basing my numbers on *source* packages.  I then
> removed all obsolete packages from the i686 list, as well as the
> cygwin{32,64}-* packages from both lists (since those aren't really
> relevant to this discussion).  A copy of my list is at
> sourceware:~yselkowitz/TODO_DISTRO_X64.diff.

Thanks.

> >So I'm wondering, do you have a list of important packages (like,
> >say, ocaml, inetutils, any libs) still missing?  It might help to
> >get a better picture of the state of the x86_64 distro.
>
> I'd say llvm, nspr, ocaml and postgresql are the most noticeable
> missing prereqs at the moment.  The first two are mine, but they
> require significant porting work (particularly llvm), and I've been
> focused on other packages.  There are a few other minor libraries
> missing, but the rest looks to be mostly programs that just need a
> rebuild.

I could take your diff and generate a "missing packages" list with
maintainer names from there and publish it here on cygwin-apps.
I could do this every few weeks, so we could keep a porting progress
and discussion platform to discuss the dependencies which still have
to be resolved.

Does that sounds useful?